Monday, September 17, 2012

How Meditation Can Change Your Life in 2006

And stressed? Are you worried about your physical health? Your mental health? Your spiritual health? You wish you had less stress and anxiety in your life and more peace and harmony?
Well, I felt all these things a few years ago, and I thought I was going crazy or dying. I worked 10-12 hours per day, 6 days a week in a job very stressful. I had a wife and two kids at home who wanted, and deserved, my time and attention. I had a mortgage, two car notes, tuition, medical bills, overdue taxes, and credit card debt out of my ears!

You work hard through my days trying to take care of everything and everyone happy, but I have not had enough time to take care of me. In bed at night, and my heart beat against stress and anxiety. I'm worried about my job, my marriage, children, bills, and the house and my health and even my sanity.

My health was of particular concern. I felt tired all the time. You will gain weight. Always had my back hurts. Climb another flight of stairs and gave me breath dizziness. I felt as if I was about to break physically and mentally, and spiritually.

I was really worried about me, but I did not know what to do. I tried the gym, several fad diets, exercise machines at home, and even time management programs. I had the same results with each new thing I tried. They all seem to help at first, but I could not stay with one of them for a very long time. I realize now that it has failed because they were all short-term fixes to long-term problem. I had to change my life.

I knew I had a lot to learn, but I can not afford to buy a bunch of books and everything in the library seems to be outdated. So I usually stop at local barns and Noble on the way home from work every day. I read everything you can find on stress, anxiety, health, nutrition and self-improvement. I felt as if I had just sat there reading books without fraud buy them, but nobody seems to mind. Usually bought a cup of coffee or tea just to ease my conscience a little.

I read lots of great books with wonderful insights on improving the life of a person. Not surprisingly, one subject came up repeatedly meditation. I tried a few years ago meditation, but got frustrated and quit before really giving it a chance. But I was desperate and willing to try anything that might help.

He said a particular book, "Start Now!" I was very embarrassing to sit in the book store and meditation, but I did not lose a minute. So I went to my car, adjust the seat in a comfortable position, set my alarm watch for 30 minutes, then I closed my eyes and started counting my breath.

Proved to be a crucial moment in my life. Of course, I have not had an immediate success. Mediation takes practice, and it can sometimes be very difficult. But to change the decision to incorporate meditation into my life my everything.

After stopping at a bookstore every night for a while and split my time between reading and meditation. Can change anything else in my life. Was still a stressful job, my marriage, my children, my house, but the bills somehow, you feel less stressed better, more active!

No, it was not a magic solution to all the woes of my life. But once you start to feel more relaxed and less stressed, and you are better able to focus on other things I needed to do to become physically and mentally, and spiritually healthy.

I soon began to practice meditation daily at home. A also launched a reasonable exercise program that included walking, light training, and yoga. Changed these things combined with a good diet (more than once), literally my life. Now I'm happier and healthier, and live in peace with the world around me.

I hope this story will inspire some of you to take that first step and begin to integrate the reflection of your own life. This is the perfect time to make a decision. What is the best New Year's resolution to change your life for the better? There are many ways and practices of meditation and there are countless resources available to you in bookstores and on the Internet. I'm sure you can find something that works for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment